"Cockle Cottage", 55D Main Road
, BT22 1JB
||"Cockle Cottage", 55D Main Road, Cloughey
- Charming detached cottage with over 100 years of history
- Beautiful coastal location
- Earning potential via "Air B&B"
- 2 bedrooms (master with ensuite shower room)
- Lounge with feature "Irish" fireplace
- Well equipped kitchen/diner
- Luxury tiled bathroom
- Solar system providing grant income
- uPVC double glazing and oil fired central heating
- Gardens to front, side and rear with parking
- Completly modernised & renovated
"This is one of the nicest holiday cottages I have ever seen...a perfect blend of traditional and contemporary."
The present owners have spared no expense in creating this traditional Irish Cottage yet it has been renovated to the highest of standards and equipped with all mod cons including "smart home" heating controls. At the centre of the property is a lounge with feature "inglenook" Irish fireplace and quarry tiled floor. From here you can access the master suite which includes a well proportioned double bedroom, ensuite shower room and walk in dressing/utility room. To the other side of the lounge is the kitchen diner which has been equipped with an excellent range of built in appliances and modern shaker style units in grey finish. Finally there is a fully tiled, luxury family bathroom and a second bedroom. Externally there is an enclosed courtyard and garden to the rear, accessed via patio doors from the kitchen/diner, with raised deck area and adjoining parking area whilst to the front is a generous garden in lawn, enclosed by panel fencing. The property benefits from an alarm system, uPVC double glazing, oil fired central heating and a solar energy system which provides reduced cost electricity and grant income. There are also 2 attic rooms accessed via a concealed, permanent staircase in the lounge. Potential buyers may be interested to know that the property is currently available via Air B&B and therefore presents the possibility of significant additional income when not being enjoyed personally. The property is set at the entrance to Cloughey Caravan Park with the beautiful Cloughey beach literally right on your door step. Newtownards and Bangor are within easy reach by car or public transport whilst Watson's stores provide all your local essentials.
This property is a "one of a kind", with over 100 years of history, and can only be fully appreciated by a personal viewing so contact us at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Quarry tile floor. Stable style composite door. Single panel radiator. Alarm system.
- 4.62m x 5.18m (15' 2" x 17' 0")
At widest points. Feature "Irish" fireplace with slate hearth. Quarry tile floor. Single and double panelled radiators. Smoke alarm. Mock exposed beam and under stair storage. Stairs to first floor attic rooms.
- KITCHEN/DINING ROOM:
- 4.62m x 3.71m (15' 2" x 12' 2")
At widest points. Range of high and low level units in a modern shaker style with blanco ceramic sink. Built in oven and hob with matching stainless steel extractor hood. Integrated dishwasher and under-counter fridge. Quarry tile floor. Mock cast iron fireplace with tile surround and slate hearth. Double panelled radiator.
- 2.39m x 1.93m (7' 10" x 6' 4")
Quarry tile floor. Plumbed for washing machine. Double panelled radiator. Recessed spotlights.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.62m x 3.12m (15' 2" x 10' 3")
At widest points. 2x double panelled radiators. Mock exposed beam. Access to ensuite shower room.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising corner shoer with white wall tiling, white W.C and "floating" wash hand basin. Quarry tile floor. Double panelled radiator. Recessed spotlights and extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 2.54m x 3.51m (8' 4" x 11' 6")
Double panelled radiator. Feature mock beam.
- White suite comprising bath with hand shower with glass screen. White W.C and pedestal wash hand basin. Tiled floor and walls. Single panel radiator. Recessed spotlights. Extractor fan.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Airing cupboard. Pressurised water system. Smoke alarm.
- Enclosed courtyard with paved patio, lawn, raised decking abd nature shrubs. Parking area for 2 cars. Garden to front and side in lawn with paved footpaths, enclosed by fencing with vehicle access. Boiler house.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the details and descriptions provided within the brochure and other adverts (in compliance with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008) however, please note that, John Grant Limited have not tested any appliances, central heating systems (or any other systems). Any prospective purchasers should ensure that they are satisfied as to the state of such systems or arrange to conduct their own investigations.
Located just off Main Road, Cloughey at the entrance to Cloughey Caravan Park.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.